John F. McCormick, Jr.
Mediator | Arbitrator | Attorney
Areas of Expertise -- Auto Negligence, Employment, Insurance & Bad Faith, Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home, Personal Injury
John McCormick graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 1966. He then served four years in the United States Marine Corps as a Naval Flight Officer. When released from active duty in 1971, McCormick entered the College of Law at the University of Oklahoma. Upon graduation from OU in 1974, he returned to the Marine Corps, serving two years as a judge advocate.
McCormick returned to Tulsa in 1976 as a trial lawyer. In his thirty five years as a trial lawyer, he has tried cases both as insurance defense counsel and as plaintiff’s counsel. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
In 1988, he was appointed as an adjunct settlement judge for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma. He continues to serve as a senior adjunct settlement judge, and has conducted private mediations with Dispute Resolution Consultants since 1993. He continues his trial practice with Sherwood & McCormick, now primarily representing injured parties.
- University of Oklahoma School of Law, Tulsa, OK – Juris Doctor, 1974
- University of Notre Dame, South Bend, IN – Bachelor of Government, 1966
Specialized Dispute Resolution Education and Training
- Adjunct Settlement Judge Training, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- Pepperdine University - Advanced Mediation Training
- Oklahoma Bar Association - Professional Responsibility Tribunal, 1990-1993
- Tulsa County Bar Association - Fee Arbitration, Ethics and Grievance Committees
- Oklahoma Association for Justice
- Association of Trial Lawyers of American
- American Inns of Court – Master Emeritus
- State Bar of California
- American College of Trial Lawyers
Please click your preferred available date below to submit an
Appointment Request Form directly to scheduling staff.
(Move mouse over AM and PM dates to confirm the mediation office)