Mediator | Arbitrator | Attorney
Areas of Expertise -- Auto Negligence, Business, Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home, Personal Injury, Product Liability, Professional Negligence
Ted Sherwood began his career as a trial attorney in 1983. He has extensive jury trial experience in cases involving professional negligence and personal injury. Ted is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, one of the premier legal associations in America. There are currently approximately 5,500 members in the United States and Canada. Ted is also a Fellow in the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and a member of the National Association of Distinguished Neutrals.
Ted has conducted over 100 mediations as an adjunct settlement judge for the District Court of Tulsa County as well as serving as lead trial counsel in over 175 mediations.
Ted is president of Ted Sherwood & Associates, Tulsa, Oklahoma. Ted is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating from this national attorney rating service. He was recognized in the 2009 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®. Ted has served on the board of several civic organizations including the Board of Areawide Agency on Aging of Oklahoma County (1997) and Board of Tulsa Senior Services (1998-2001). Ted has served as president of the Vintage Housing Board (2003- 2007), the affordable housing arm of LIFE Senior Services. Ted has also served as president and on the Board of Trustees for All Souls Unitarian Church.
- University of Oklahoma of Law, Norman, OK -- Juris Doctor, 1983
- University of Tulsa College of Business, Tulsa, OK -- Bachelor of Science, 1977
Specialized Dispute Resolution Education and Training
- Adjunct Settlement Judge Training -- Tulsa County District Court
Bar Admissions/Approved Appointments
- Admitted to practice before the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted to practice before the Eastern, Northern and Western Federal District Courts of Oklahoma
- Adjunct Settlement Judge, Tulsa County
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (NADN)
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyer - Fellow
- Oklahoma Association for Justice (OAJ)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- National Association of Distinguished Neutrals - Member 2014
- 2014, The Advocate, "Improving Your Success at Mediation"
- 2007, Oklahoma Bar Journal, "Using Focus Groups to Improve Trial Presentations: A Cost Effective Approach"
- 2003, Book chapter, "Using State and Federal Regulations at Trial: Negligence Per Se and the Standard of Care"
- 1994, Oklahoma Bar Journal, "Nursing Home Negligence: Liability for Warehousing of the Aged"
- 1991, Newsletter, "The Duty to Supplement Discovery Responses"
- 1997, Newsletter, "Cross-Examination of Defense Economists"
- 1996, Newsletter, "Thermography: Successful Application of the Trial of Soft Tissue Cases"
- 2007, OBA/MCLE, "A Century of Trial Basics: Direct Examination
- 2007, OBA Annual Meeting, "Cross Examination of Experts: Handling the Talent"
- 2005, OBA/MCLE, "Top Guns Face Off: Trying an Auto Accident Case"
- 2007, OBA/CLE, OTLA, "Nursing Home Negligence in Oklahoma: Advanced Topics for Plaintiffs and Defendants"
- 2003, OBA, "Medical Negligence Update:Â Statutory Changes and Proposals, Nursing Homes Update"
- 2003, OTLA, "Nursing Home Litigation from Both Sides, The Latest Tips, Tricks, and Techniques in Legal Arguments from the Plaintiff's Perspective"
- 2001, OBA, "A Trial Lawyer's Guide to Nursing Home Law, Pressure Ulcer Cases"
- 1998, OBA, "Civil Trial Practice: Direct and Cross-Examination of Lay Witnesses"
- 1997, OTLA, "Nursing Home Negligence Update"
- 1994, OTLA/OBA, "Nursing Home Negligence: Handling the Fall/Failure to Restrain Case"
- 1992, OBA, "Oklahoma Evidence Code Update: The Bases for the Opinion of Experts: How Liberally Should § 2703 be Read?"
- 1990, OU/Garvin County Bar Association, "Impeachment of Witnesses"
- 1991, OTLA/OBA, "Evidence: How to Make the Rules Work for You"
- 1991, OTLA/OU, "Nursing Home Negligence: Liability for Warehousing the Aged"
- 1991, OBA, "Handling an Auto Accident Case"
- 1990, OTLA, "Products Liability Update"
- 1990, OU, "The Team Approach to Discovery and Trial Preparation"
- 1990, OBA, "Proving Injury, Including Soft Tissue Injury"
- 1990, OTLA and the Central Oklahoma Association of Legal Assistants, "Pretrial to Trial - A Team Approach"
- 1989, OBA, "Handling Car Wreck Cases: The Importance of Being First"
- 1987, Oklahoma College of Advocacy, "Settlement Techniques: Settlement Conferences, Arbitration Hearings and Mini-Trials"
Please click your preferred available date below to submit an
Appointment Request Form directly to scheduling staff.
(Move mouse over AM and PM dates to confirm the mediation office)